Salvation is a gift that is made available to those who repent, believe, and confess that Jesus is Lord and that He died and rose from the dead to save mankind (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10). This gift cannot be earned through good deeds or by simply being “good” (Ephesians 2:8; 1 Timothy 1:9). It is a matter of faith (acting out on what you believe according to God’s Word concerning salvation).
What is salvation?
To be saved is to be rescued from sin, spiritual death, and eternal punishment. When you’re saved, you are accepted by God through what His Son, Jesus, did for you on the cross.
- Salvation is to become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Salvation is to enter a new relationship with God (2 Corinthians 5:18).
- Salvation is to receive a new spiritual nature (Ezekiel 36:26a).
- Salvation is to be forgiven of your sins (Ephesians 1:7).
- Salvation is to receive eternal life (John 3:16).
If you have come here looking for a change in your life, if you have come seeking a peace that is found only through a personal relationship with a loving God, then you are at the right place. God is ready and willing to help you—right now, and right where you are.
How do I get saved?
Jesus lived and died to give us salvation. You cannot earn it or pay for it in any way. You could never deserve this wonderful gift. God offers it to you freely. You must, however, reach out to God and receive salvation, much like we would receive any other gift! The Holy Bible plainly teaches us how to receive the gift of salvation.
- Repent, which means turn away from your sin (Luke 13:3).
- Believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior (Acts 16:31, Mark 1:15)!
- Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior! “Lord” means owner, controller, or authority. Jesus is to become your “King” (John 1:12, Revelations 3:20).
- Commit yourself to follow Him (Matthew 16:24).
Are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? If the answer is yes, say this prayer:
Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Acts 2:21). I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10: “because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous–being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation.” I do that now. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.
If you have prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of God. Contact us today, we would love to hear from you.